Friday, December 5, 2008

I keep remembering things and then forgetting them.

I know there's more I want to write down here, but I keep forgetting what it is.

The top floor is very cold. We've spent the last few days cruising commercial districts looking for an affordable suit for me to wear to work, because I think it would look super classy. Wode taitai got me a Snorlax pin that I think will look nice on the lapel.

Last night we missed the last old people bus up the mountain, and so all three of us piled onto Mark's scooter. That was...exciting is a word. I thought we might topple off the road into the jungle below several times. The night road was quite dark. So, spooky.

The cold up here is a problem. The two things which most drastically affect my wife's condition are food and cold. But the cold keeps us trapped in the one heatable room in the dojo, preventing us from foraging forth for MOS Burgers or other delicious sustenance. I'd call it a vicious cycle, but it's not a cycle, it's just one awful thing sort of reinforcing a second, also awful thing.

I think if I had my own scooter, it would open up my teaching opportunities to a broader geographical range.

Tonight we are imposing a family-wide hammertime. The family being M, S, and myself. Hammertime being nodistractionstimetogetcreativeupinthis tiems naow.

I do not believe S's recovery can begin in earnest until we have a warm, comforting place to retire to after the day's activities. This is the highestmost priority for me, because the cold gets inside, it penetrates defenses completely and chills her core rather than her skin. She needs a deep warmth, all-encompassing and persistent.

1 comment:

Cherie Blackfeather said...

This is really fun to read. I do hope you all find warm and cozy digs soon. I think you should get a scooter. I can see that.