Sunday, March 1, 2009

An abundance of frogs.

There is an abundance of frogs (toads I think, actually) in the jungle surrounding the dojo where I live. A small bronze toad statue which we found in our room brings us fortune in return for coins. He likes to chew on them. I upgraded him to a 50 dollar piece the other day to thank him for a recent sudden accumulation of funds.

In the pond outside the kitchen, there are many goldfish (also good for money-luck) which I feed occasionally, they're quite big and very pretty. I think they mostly eat bugs and junk that's out there. But there are also many tadpoles, only a few of which are beginning to grow legs and lose their dark black coloration.

At night the croaking is sonorous. And loud.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

*puts on her jumbo webbed feet shoes to start leaving tracks around the dojo*

theamberkey said...

You ever go outside at night and almost trip on one of those fuckers? I always thought they were gonna give me warts.

Nycea said...

That's kind of what the South is like. It's the cicadas there man, it's just this eternal ringing sound. O.O

Earthan said...

Toads don't actually give you warts, tard-cart. I love frogs, they're so rad. We saw a badass huge one once, just hoppin'. He looked like the king of something.